This chicken salad is healthy, easy to make and super delicious. This healthy chicken salad is high in proteins, low carb, keto-friendly and perfect salad for weight loss! If you like creamy salads, you will love this creamy chicken salad. One of the many benefits of this salad is that it goes well with sandwiches, so you can take this salad to school or work or just serve with your favorite dinner.
For the chicken:
3 Chicken breasts, skinless
1-2 tablespoons Oil
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Dried oregano
For the salad:
2-3 Celery stalks, chopped
1/2 Green apple, chopped
3 Green onions, chopped
1/4 Red onion, chopped
2 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
4-5 leaves Lettuce, chopped
1/2 cup (45g) Almonds, chopped or any other nuts
1/2 cup (65g) Dried cranberries/raisins
For the dressing:
4 tablespoons Mayonnaise, low fat
1 tablespoon Greek yogurt, low fat
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Lemon juice
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, mix oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and paprika. Place the chicken in the bowl and mix until full coated. Let marinate for 1 hour (optional).
2. Heat a large pan or skillet over medium heat. Add marinated chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked. Remove from heat and set aside to cool, while preparing the vegetables.
3. To a large bowl add chopped celery, chopped apple, cranberries, chopped green onion, chopped red onion, chopped parsley, chopped almonds, chopped lettuce.
4. Cut chicken breast into small pieces and add to the salad.
5. Make the dressing: in a small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients and well combined.
6. Add the dressing to the salad and mix.