Now you can make butternut squash soup recipe in just half the time in the IP! Quick, easy, velvety smooth and so so cozy.
This is hands down one of my favorite feel-good, soul-warming soups. Loaded with sweet butternut squash, caramelized onions, carrots, celery, Granny Smith apple, garlic, sage and thyme – all topped with crisp bacon bits.
And you can make this soup in just half the time with the help of your Instant Pot®.
With just a quick saute of bacon, you can set that aside to top your soup for serving. From there, you can saute your onions and herbs in all that bacon grease until they get wonderfully fragrant before throwing in the rest of your ingredients. Pressure cook for 12 minutes, boom, done. Add heavy cream and puree with an immersion blender (or blend in batches in a blender).
Top with reserved bacon and an extra drizzle of heavy creamy (if desired). So velvety smooth and so so good.
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Now you can make butternut squash soup in just half the time in the IP! Quick, easy, velvety smooth and so so cozy.
15 minutes30 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sage leaves, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Set 6-qt Instant Pot® to the high saute setting. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic, sage and thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in butternut squash, carrots, celery, apple, chicken stock, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 12 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions; remove and discard thyme sprigs.
- Stir in heavy cream. Puree with an immersion blender until desired consistency is reached; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with bacon and chives.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
The post Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup appeared first on Damn Delicious.