The best way to use up leftover ham recipe! With the most flavorful broth, this hearty, cozy soup is so simple yet SO SO GOOD.
I honestly look forward to the leftover ham more so than the holiday ham itself.
I just get so excited to repurpose the leftovers, whether that’s in some ham and cheese drop biscuits, baked ham and cheese croissants, or this hambone soup.
Yes, hambone soup is one of my all-time holiday favorites.
I didn’t even know you could use your leftover hambone until 2013! Since then, I have been making this stovetop version every. single. year. It’s cozy, it’s hearty, and it’s loaded with so many hearty veggies (another great way to use up your holiday leftovers!) to complement the sweet chunks of ham.
It is perfection. And now you can make it right in the pressure cooker without any kind of babysitting or fuss, creating the most flavorful ham stock ever.
Serve with crusty bread and keep warm during this winter season! I just read there’s a winter storm headed to the northeast!
Instant Pot Leftover Hambone Soup
The best way to use up leftover ham! With the most flavorful broth, this hearty, cozy soup is so simple yet SO SO GOOD.
40 minutes35 minutes
- 1 leftover hambone
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups leftover diced ham
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place hambone, onion and bay leaf into a 6-qt Instant Pot®. Add enough water to almost cover the bone without passing the max line of the insert, about 7 cups.
- Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 30 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions; remove and discard hambone and bay leaf.
- Add ham, carrots, potato, beans, corn, garlic and thyme. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. Stir in parsley; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
The post Instant Pot Leftover Hambone Soup appeared first on Damn Delicious.