This One-Pan Chicken and Rice recipe is easy, tasty, and makes a perfect weeknight dinner! Learn how to make homemade chicken and rice on the stovetop with this quick and simple skillet recipe.
You are going to love this hearty dish made with juicy chicken, vegetables, and rice. It is perfectly seasoned and satisfying, but is so easy to make. Best of all, everything gets cooked together in one pan. That means minimal cleanup is required to prepare this delicious meal that everyone in the family will love. ♡
How to Make One-Pan Chicken and Rice
Full instructions are included in the recipe below. But as a brief overview, to make this One-Pot Chicken and Rice recipe, simply:
- Sauté the chicken: Cook the chicken in a bit of oil and butter and then set it aside.
- Cook the veggies: Sauté the onion and celery in the same pan.
- Add the aromatics & herbs: Lightly cook the garlic, dried herbs, and crushed red pepper flakes until fragrant. Gently cooking these ingredients allows them to bloom and release their aromas.
- Stir in the rice & broth: Add the rice and broth. Leave everything alone to cook, until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- Add the chicken, peas, lemon & parsley: Return the cooked chicken to the pan with the peas and lemon juice. Cover the pan, let everything sit for a few minutes, and sprinkle with parsley. Dinner is served!
That’s it! This is truly an easy chicken and rice dinner recipe that is absolutely bursting with flavor.
More Chicken and Rice Recipes
Looking for more chicken and rice dinner inspiration? Here are a some of my favorite recipes:
- Easy Cajun Chicken and Rice
- Restaurant-Style Chicken Fried Rice
- Thai Curry Chicken and Rice
- Pineapple Chicken Coconut Rice
- Oven-Baked Chicken and Rice
Stovetop Chicken and Rice Recommendations
Here are some tools that will make prepping the ingredients in this recipe an absolute breeze:
- Ultra Chef Express Food Chopper – This is the one I have and it is one of my most-used kitchen tools. I use mine all the time to quickly chop up vegetables. I especially love using it to dice onions, because it saves me from all the tears!
- OXO Stainless Steel Scraper – I purchased a bench scraper after seeing them being used on my favorite cooking shows. It is SUCH a handy tool for scraping up and transferring chopped food from the cutting board into the pan.
If you make this One-Pan Chicken and Rice recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
One-Pan Chicken and Rice (Easy Stovetop Recipe)
#wprm-recipe-user-rating-7 .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-full svg * fill: #343434; #wprm-recipe-user-rating-7 .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-33 svg * fill: url(#wprm-recipe-user-rating-7-33); #wprm-recipe-user-rating-7 .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-50 svg * fill: url(#wprm-recipe-user-rating-7-50); #wprm-recipe-user-rating-7 .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-66 svg * fill: url(#wprm-recipe-user-rating-7-66); linearGradient#wprm-recipe-user-rating-7-33 stop stop-color: #343434; linearGradient#wprm-recipe-user-rating-7-50 stop stop-color: #343434; linearGradient#wprm-recipe-user-rating-7-66 stop stop-color: #343434;
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnishing
In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add the chicken and season it liberally with salt and pepper.
Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set it aside.
To the same skillet, melt the remaining butter. Add the onion and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
Add the garlic, thyme, rosemary, and crushed red pepper flakes cook for another minute until fragrant.
Stir in the rice and broth. Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid.
Return the chicken to the skillet. Stir in the peas and lemon juice. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes, until all of the liquid has been absorbed into the rice and the peas and chicken have warmed through.
Serve warm, garnished with parsley if using.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
The post One-Pan Chicken and Rice (Easy Stovetop Recipe) appeared first on Everyday Easy Eats.[ad_2]