The best breakfast! The best Pumpkin Spice Waffle Recipe! Crispy golden on the outside, fluffy on the inside. You’ll seriously want to make this all year long! SO GOOD.
As soon as the weather turns cold (and believe me, it turns very cold very quickly in Chicago, snowing on Halloween!), I am legit pumpkin-everything.
I am all about that PSL, pumpkin bread, pumpkin French toast, pumpkin anything. You name it. Anything with pumpkin, I AM THERE. And I am all over these pumpkin spice waffles.
Seriously. That sheet pan of pumpkin waffles up above? ALL MINE.
Made with buttermilk, pumpkin puree, and all that is good with pumpkin pie spice, this is truly the best breakfast one can ask for this Fall. Serve with warm maple syrup, or if you really want to go that extra mile, dollops of homemade whipped cream will go a very long way, garnished with cinnamon.
Freeze in individual servings to indulge all the pumpkin glory even after pumpkin season is long over!
Pumpkin Spice Waffles
The best breakfast! Crispy golden on the outside, fluffy on the inside. You’ll seriously want to make this all year long! SO GOOD.
10 minutes20 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F and a waffle iron to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the top and bottom of the waffle iron or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, pumpkin puree, eggs and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist but slightly lumpy.
- Pour a scant 1/2 cup of the pumpkin mixture into the waffle iron, close gently and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 4-5 minutes; keep warm in oven.
- Serve immediately.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
The post Pumpkin Spice Waffles appeared first on Damn Delicious.